Barcelona is a city located East Spain, on the Mediterranean coast and is the capital of Catalonia region, Spain. The urban area of Barcelona exceeds 4 million people, making it the largest city at the Mediterranean and one of the largest in Europe.
Barcelona is today one of the main touristic cities in Europe, host of many trade fairs and exhibitions. Founded as a Roman city, Barcelona has a lot of ancient and modern history to show through its rich cultural heritage. Renown architectural works of Gaudi enrich the sites to visit in the city of Barcelona.
Below are some of the most important spots to visit while staying in Barcelona, no matter if for touristic purposes or business:
– Castell de Monjiuc – a military Museum closed down and set to become the International Peace Center
– Sagrada Familia – this cathedral is a Gaudi masterpiece, unfinished yet. Gaudi dedicated over 40 years of his life to this project. Sagrada Familia has an impressive Gothic architecture
– Teleferic de Montjiuc – this cable-car takes visitors on an air sightseeing tour, giving an amazing view over Barcelona
– Aquarium – it features the Oceanari, a huge tank of water with sharks and marine life, where visitors may cross a transversal glass tunnel.
– Olympic Park – the host of 1992 Olympic Games. The architectural design does not lack Barcelona’s desire for beautiful
– Parc de la Ciutadella – many sights are available in this park, with the zoo, Natural History Museum, Catalan parliament buildings
– Catedral – located in the Pla de la Seu. The construction begun in 1298
– Parc Guell – a garden full of fantasy architecture, designed by Antoni Gaudi
– Casa Milla – this sight is also know as La Pedrera. This building is design by Gaudi and impresses through its bold undulating stone facade
Many more places in Barcelona are worth visiting, such the Botanical Garden, Illa de Fantasia (water park), Hospital de Sant Pau. Barcelona is also the home of one of the most known and beloved soccer teams in the world: FC Barcelona. With its stadium Camp Nou, visitors during match days should definitely attend and watch the professional football at its best.
Being all of this said, Barcelona is a top city in the touristic attractions list, and hotels to accommodate are more than enough. Finding the best hotel deals in Barcelona for any time of the period is now facilitated by TripEconomy.com hotel comparison service.